Saturday, June 30, 2007

Deception

It is surprising how effective focussed effort can be - still in GMAT mode, and can't help feeling that I've overcorrected verbal, and not allotted sufficient time for Quant.

On GMATPREP 2 today, I improved on most counts. Here are stats:

GMATPREP 2: 780 (Q50, V47) and (Q6,V3)

The score is deceptive - on GMATPREP 1, an insipid performance (Q7,V11) got me a 760. Relatively, this is much more 'solid' - it is based on a fewer number of mistakes. I'm beginning to think that the mistake scale is a good indicator of improvement while preparing. On a bad day, mistakes on key questions could lower your score to 720 despite the same (Q7,V11) pattern. It suffices to say that the Q6,V3 is much more satisfying to me than the 780. The 780 is just an extension of Q6,V3, and cannot be the primary goal, atleast during the prep-period.

On a separate note, Q6 is embarrassing. I thought I was a quant person. Oh well, hubris punctured. Time to strike back at Q.

2 comments:

Deepthroat said...

Hi DC Dreamer,
Your scores are awesome man. You should target a 770+ straight off.
I am definitely sure you can clear that score by looking at ur GMAT Prep Scores.

Thanxs for ur advice DC Dreamer. You were right about choosing the schools accoring to relevance and not reputation. I have decided to not apply to Harvard. Instead I am applying to Stern.

Your list of school are impressive.
You must be pretty firm in ur mind and the mba, what you wanna do and where you go.

Keep blogging and keep in touch......
All the best for GMAT....

Amu said...

Hey hi!

I visited your page from one of comments on Preet's page, and I saw that my blog features on your blog list. Thanks for the honor!!!

I have seen the blog settings in and out, but still unable to figure out how to provide links to other blogs that I read.

Anyway, I am gonna ask someone to help me out with. Meanwhile, have a great time preparing. Cheers!